When your little guy loves road signs, there’s only one thing to do:
- If you’ve got a bench saw, it might be a heck of a lot easier than using a craft knife.
- Don’t sweat about over-spray too much, you can touch it up when you’re done.
- Press the masking tape down after you cut it to stop bleeding (found that out the hard way!)
- Don’t rush it. Let it dry.
- Keep knives, paint, scalpels and aerosols AWAY from kiddies.
- Print out you designs on paper to aid your sketching.
- Look up or take photos of real signs for inspiration.
- Have fun!
What’s that, you want more? OK. How about… and octagonal stop sign?
Still not satisfied? I mean, hey, signs are cool, but how much cooler are they when they can be changed, right?
And he’s mad for trains. Trains and train signs. A budding engineer, right?
Sure enough, the next thing will be a boom gate.
Yup. Yup it’s a boom gate.
He was bugging me, and bugging me, and bugging me! So I told him where to go:
We have a Police station just down the road. Naturally, Joey is attracted to anything with flashing lights, fast cars and badges.
“I want a give-way sign. I do, I do, I really do. A Give-Way sign, yes.”
“What? No, not one of those, the Give Way signs!”
You mean a roundabout sign?